Welded Tubeis capable of providing its customers with both standard API and semi-premium connections from a select group of key North American suppliers. Presently, all of our products are threaded and coupled at our Port Colborne or Welland, Ontario facilities.
Welded Tube has been offering API connections since 2005.
- LTC, BTC and STC capabilities on both carbon and alloy products.
- Capabilities range from 4.500″ to 9.625″ or 114.3 mm to 244.5 mm in diameter.
Welded Tubehas been providing the OCTG market with semi-premium connections since we commissioned our heat treat facility in 2011. These are used for high torque and fatigue resistant applications where standard API connections do not provide adequate performance characteristics.
Our semi-premium connections are provided by GB Tubulars and Hunting International.
- Presently capable of supplying GB CD Butt connections.
- Imperial sizes – 4.500″ to 9.625″ diameter.
- Metric – 114.3 mm to 244.5 mm diameter.
- GB CD Butt connection is used for conventional running, rotating to aid in string advancement, drilling with casing / liners or driving.
- For more information specific to GB CD connections, please consult their website at www.gbtubulars.com
- Presently capable of supplying TKC 4040 RTC and TKC 4040 HOI connections.
- Imperial sizes 4.500″ to 7.000″ diameter.
- Metric 114.3 mm to 177.8 mm diameter.
- TKC 4040 RTC system features enhanced connection strength while providing high torque and multiple make and break capabilities on non-upset connections. TKC 4040 HOI combines the 4040 thread form with a patented TKC centre ring to create an internally flush bore and axial metal-to-metal seal connection for heavy oil applications.
- For more information specific to Hunting International and their connections, please consult their website at www.hunting-intl.com.